Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
December 16, 2017, 05:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GP340 Flash grade messed up  (Read 11426 times)
danielscotcher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: July 15, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

Hi their

Tried to upgrade my GP340 and i done it with a cheap hong kong cable and it dont have a bootstrap mode and i did not know about this so i tried it and now i have crashed my radio and it now has a corrupt firmware

Found some info on sorting this on another topic it says i have to connect to pics together to enable bootstrap mode so i can re-flash it

any ideas what pins ?

Thanks Danny

Danny
Dave
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »

Dan

Please dont attempt to do this without a FLASH Adaptor you will crash your raidio and would need replacement board.

Best off using the Flash Adptor (DO NOT TRY AGAIN) using your cable

I can do this for you, if you dont have access to the hardware.

danielscotcher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »

I cant belive it i modified my cable and made it suitable to flash. It was working and then my pc crashed and now the radio wont even turn on its just dead. no lights, no sound. 

Yes should have let you do it for me but i wanted to be able to do it myself but it seemed it failed badley. Any idea's what i can do now?

thanks

Danny
Dave
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:48:22 PM »

DO NOT Attempt any more upgrades on this radio

The redio may be able to be repaired, but its 50/50

may have to force a new copy of the firmware and codeplug on to it.

Failing that, a replacement board.

Regards
Dave
Dave
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:50:41 PM »

You may have been able to modify the cable, but it wont have the off / on switch

its always best to have the correct tools for the job.

I cant belive it i modified my cable and made it suitable to flash.
thanks
danielscotcher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

i added a on/off switch to it. It will have to be forced on but im not sure how i go around doing that. Any idea's ?

Danny

Danny
Dave
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »

Hi Danny

I repaired 4 GP640s today for forum member johnopyro using the below software.

http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=Archive/Motorola-Software/&file=US%20Waris%20Codeplug%20Tool.zip

and

http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=Archive/Motorola-Software/&file=EU_Waris_Lab_Upgradekit%28R02.05.01%29_EN2.zip

YOU MUST BE CAREFUL AND USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE AND CODEPLUG Using the Flash Adaptor is also required

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:50:31 PM by Dave » Logged
Dave
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

Hi, Thanks for sending me the radio for repair, i will provde you with an update tomorrow once i have had a look at the radio.

Regards
Dave
Dave
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »

Hi, The radio is beyond repair, it would be far cheaper to purchase another second hand radio for around 50 then it would to replace the mainboard.

danielscotcher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »

yes its a shame but my fault for messing around with it should have sent it straight to you. I have not been home yet so not sure if i got the radio back i prob have. Thanks you soo much for having a try Dave

I brought a UHF Radio for 50 today and going to put its mainboard into the case of that beoken radio and then i have my self a good condition UHF radio to use on local repeater

Danny
Dave
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »

Hi Dan

Radio will be sent back to you tomorrow, I was waiting a respose from my supplier to see if i could source a mainboard for you. However the price quoted was far more then the cost of a replacement radio from say like Ebay.

Radio will go off tomorrow via Royal Mail Special Delivery

Regards
Dave
danielscotcher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

Yes a shame could not sort it but was my fault for messing around when i did not know what i was doing. So be warned people only do stuff that you know you can do overwise you may end up with a usless radio.
Any way used the cae off broken radio and put this UHF GP340 that i got for 50 into the good case from broken radio. Now i have a UHF and VHF GP340 so that will do for all the local repeaters.

Thanks for your help dave  Smiley

Danny
Rob612000
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »

Kindly explain why when clicking on the links it goes on a download page that doesn't allow to get any zip or any files and requires login plenty of times.
Thank you
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +94/-9

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 09:39:08 PM »

Several reasons why:

Basic accounts don't get any downloads, only if you pay up as a subscriber did you get anything

Since about 4 years ago, Motorola got very upset and all downloads were stopped from the site that might breach their copyright.

hope this helps !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank