Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
April 24, 2014, 08:20:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed GP300 VHF and GP340 UHF  (Read 8637 times)
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: June 26, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »

Hi guys

I have just subscribed to this comunity yesterday and i have had a look around the forums and download sites to find information on how to program my 2 way radios but i need a little help.

I have a RIB box and i can program my GP380 UHF without any problems but i have a almost new GP340 where i cant read the codeplug and then i have a GP300 VHF (old) where i have the same problem.

GP300 VHF
Model: P94YPC20D1AA
Ver. nr. ?? it's not written on the back

This is the only VHF radio i have so I would like to have programed to match the VHF marine radios
What version of the CPS should i use?

GP340 UHF
Model: MDH25RDC9AN3AE
VER. NR. R03.10.03
This one i want to work with my GP380 witch i can program.
What CPS should i use here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Dave
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

Hi, you should give CPS Version R03.07.04 a go

Download URL: http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=SOFTWARE/Professional%20Series%20CPS/&file=Professional%20Series%20CPS%20R03.07.04_EN.exe

Simply download the above CPS and install and then try and read it, This should work.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards

Dave
mupolovac71
Forum Helper

FeedBack +41/-2

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:35:24 AM »

Hi Bucher,

with reference to your GP 300 (old version),you do not have a VHF radio, reason is the model P94YPC20D1AA
 is UHF (P means portable,9 is Tx power 5W for VHF and 4W for UHF, 4 is for UHF 403-520MHz, YPC is GP300,2 means channel spacing 20/25kHz, 0 is PL/DPL channel signalling, D is 8 channel capacity and 1 is 403-433MHz frequency sub-band ). All this means that you have UHF GP300 radio whit 8 channels and low split frequency sub-band 403-433MHz.In download section there is a lot of RSS (radio service software) for your GP300 , but you need proper programming cable for old GP 300.That is it.If you have some question just ask.Oh I forget maybe GP300 is a VHF model,but someone is change a sticker,you will know a genuine model when you read a radio.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:43:40 AM by mupolovac71 » Logged
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:06:43 AM »

Hi, you should give CPS Version R03.07.04 a go

Download URL: http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=SOFTWARE/Professional%20Series%20CPS/&file=Professional%20Series%20CPS%20R03.07.04_EN.exe

Simply download the above CPS and install and then try and read it, This should work.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards

Dave
Thanks.. I will try that

Hi Bucher,

with reference to your GP 300 (old version),you do not have a VHF radio, reason is the model P94YPC20D1AA
 is UHF (P means portable,9 is Tx power 5W for VHF and 4W for UHF, 4 is for UHF 403-520MHz, YPC is GP300,2 means channel spacing 20/25kHz, 0 is PL/DPL channel signalling, D is 8 channel capacity and 1 is 403-433MHz frequency sub-band ). All this means that you have UHF GP300 radio whit 8 channels and low split frequency sub-band 403-433MHz.In download section there is a lot of RSS (radio service software) for your GP300 , but you need proper programming cable for old GP 300.That is it.If you have some question just ask.Oh I forget maybe GP300 is a VHF model,but someone is change a sticker,you will know a genuine model when you read a radio.

Yes, your probberly right.. He just give me the radio and sayd he could not use it as it was a VHF, I dident really check the sticker Roll Eyes
In that cace I will use it with the 2 others Tongue I do have a multi RIB cable that works with all Motorola portable radios.
http://www.wiscomm.com/productimages/5000pro.jpg
So I should be good.. But ill try Daves suguestion and see what happens

Thanks in advance to both of you
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »

Dave

The CPS Version R03.07.04 worked perfect on my GP340.. this is gr8 much more fun to program radios when when you have more then one Haha  Cheesy

But it dident work on my old GP300, have any ideas?
mupolovac71
Forum Helper

FeedBack +41/-2

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »

Hi Bucher,

why you dident work,what is a problem,you cant read a radio or?Huh?
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »

Hi Bucher,

why you dident work,what is a problem,you cant read a radio or?Huh?

Error msg is:
Could not open port, check that device is turned on and connected.. blabla..
I do the same as with the other radios (connect the radio, channel 1 and turn on radio, bib sound)
I can see on the LED (flashing) that the CPS is trying to read the radio but seems like no answer (handshake)

I have tryed with other CPSīs from the DL site, says the same as above.

Thx Smiley
mupolovac71
Forum Helper

FeedBack +41/-2

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »

Hi Bucher,

im presume that you are using a slow computer ( im using Pentium II on 366MHz) ,and the err.msg. means that you have chose wrong port for connection between computer and RIB.To change a comport in main menu press F9 button (SETUP computer configuration) and then F3 to setup PC configuration:drives paths,ports ... First tray that and I hope after you do that,U will be able to read a radio.
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »

Itīs set to the same port (COM1) as i program the other radios with and i see the LED flashing when I press Read Device??

No im not useing a slow computer.. but i have lowered the send receive buffer on COM 1 to help.
mupolovac71
Forum Helper

FeedBack +41/-2

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »

Itīs set to the same port (COM1) as i program the other radios with and i see the LED flashing when I press Read Device??

No im not useing a slow computer.. but i have lowered the send receive buffer on COM 1 to help.

i think you should check all connection between radio and RIB, and RIb to COM1.Could you read any GP300 whit that RSS,and cable.
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »

i think you should check all connection between radio and RIB, and RIb to COM1.Could you read any GP300 whit that RSS,and cable.

All connections are ok.. but im getting alittle confused here.. What CPS should i use for the gp300?

I use CPS Version R03.07.04 for my GP340 and GP380 and it works perfect no probs at all and its the same RIB i use for all radios.

Thanks in advance
Dave
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:33:08 AM »

Hi, the software you need can be download from

http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=SOFTWARE/GP300/

Regards
Dave
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »

Hi, the software you need can be download from

http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=SOFTWARE/GP300/

Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave Smiley

I have tried all versions now and nothing happens with all of them.

Here is how i do it..
connect everything up and place the RIB on the back of the radio
I hold up the program pin
Power up the RIB
Releace the program pin
The Green LED on my RIB and red LED on my com-port lights up
I turn on the radio and the LED turns off (connection?)
I open the program
makes sure the config is OK
I try to read the codeplug but nothing happens Sad

Can the program part of the radio be broken? the radio works as i can hear it on my scanner.
Maybe i should take it to the local motorola dealer to get it checked?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:40:53 AM by Bucher » Logged
Dave
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »

Hi, i think this may be due to your computer spec

Can you read/write any other GP300 radio using that PC?

Regards
Dave
Bucher
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »

I only have that one gp300 others are gp340 and gp380 and they work fine..

Its a newer computer with XP
I tryed running the program in 95 mode and i have lowered the send receive buffer on the com-port

I use a USB -> RS232 adaptor where i see the connection LED flashing just a bit with 20 sec intervals or so when i try to read the codeplug on the GP300.

Should i try a "CPU slowdown program" or should i digg up my old computer and try that?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Đ Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank