Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
May 23, 2019, 12:57:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downgrading a GP680 to a GP380  (Read 2069 times)
Nelixuk2003
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: September 17, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »

I have searched the forum and found a few related Threads but almost all of them have either not been answered or the information in them is not what I'm looking for.

I am about to get my hands on some GP680's, I don't know the versions of any of the firmware or codeplug's etc until I receive them.

Is it possible to convert these to a GP380 for conventional use or can the 680 be used as a conventional radio without the need to convert?  I don't need the Truck capabilities that the 680 has but if there is no need to convert and I can still program them up for conventional use then that will save a lot of work.  Are there any limitations to using the 680 in a conventional manner, such as limited Channels etc.

I had several 340's 360's and 380's many years ago and was familiar and more than comfortable with the programming of them, I stupidly sold them due to lack of use and have regretted it ever since so when these 680's came along I knabbed them quick.

Thanks

Nelix
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »

Off the top of my head, 680's can take 8 conventional channels.

So if its only a few you need, should be fine.
Nelixuk2003
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »

Was hoping for a few more channels than 8 so might be best to convert.  Do you know if it is straightforward or is it a real pain?

Regards

Nelix
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank