Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
February 23, 2018, 11:50:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frequency range change - Motorola CP040 UHF  (Read 211 times)
daveyboy03
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: December 06, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

Hi everyone. Hope I've not duplicated with this thread but I'm not finding the answer for my dilemma.
I just received a Motorola CP040 in UHF. The serial number is slightly different from the other radios I own in that there is a Q instead of an R in the model number, which is apparently the difference between UHF1 and UHF2. This only allows the frequency to be changed up to 440MHz in the frequency range, however, I need the frequency to be between 438MHz and 470MHz . Is it possible to extend that range? I need the new radio to be re-programmed to firmware version R03.01.00, codeplug version 05.02. It is currently programmed to firmware version R03.06.02, codeplug version 09.03.

Thanks in advance.
exs1s
Basic Account

FeedBack +1/-0

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »

It's a good question. You're right, that letter denotes the frequency version. But i'm afraid it's not about the firmware. It's the hardware. Even a firmware update would not extend the range. There's absolutely no way to extend the range on that radio. And even if you could, you'd have to change around 30 compotents. It would be cheaper and easier to sell it and buy the actual model you need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank