Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
December 14, 2019, 03:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XTS - pmr-lpd  (Read 73267 times)
SteoREMZ
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: January 10, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

Good Morning all!
i need some info about motorola XTS, i need a device that can be programmed with PMR and LPD freq and can connect to an headset with XTS connector...can anyone tell me what model should i search for?

thanks
Stefano
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +101/-9

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »

What's lpd ?

And the xts series is american, so not type approved for use in the uk, let alone finding someone who can service them !

Stick to a uk / emea radio, that way you can get parts, accessories, batteries etc.

What system are you looking to interface with - if you don't know, don't worry, give us a clue where it is, and I'm sure someone will know, or can look it up on the database.
martin
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »

LPD stands for Low Power Device (10mW) they are in the uhf band 433Mhz  (HAM freq.) , I believe 69 chn

That all I know
bw18
Advanced Member

FeedBack +68/-1

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »

Not quite sure why you would want to use LPD frequencies, these are 10mW approved frequencies and you are certainly not going to get out far on that! Also, bear in mind it is technically illegal to operate none type approved kit on PMR/LPD.

As George says, why the XTS? This is a digital radio developed for P25. P25 is most commonly used for US emergency services. I believe there are 3 'phases' of this radio (1,2 & 3). Again, I'm not 100% sure but I believe the different phases offer different levels of encryption. Scanning emergency services in the US is not illegal, however, it is illegal to intercept encrypted comm's of any kind... Unlike the UK where we can't listen to bugger all even if we wanted to!

Do you have something in mind for this radio? Do you want to add it to and existing system? These are very expensive bits of kit... I think a brand new XTS 5000 is approx (very approx) $3000. I would say stick to an EMEA radio, for exactly the same reasons that George has stated! Let us know a little more about what/where you want to use the radio and we will happily give you our opinions as to what we suggest.

As a point of interest... The last time I went through Heathrow airport the customs officers appeared to be using the XTS/P25 radios. I could have been seeing things though, good old jet-lag!

Ben

EDIT- We are all guessing you are UK/Europe based. I take it this is the case and you are not in the US? They use different terminology for there PMR (FRS) though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:07:11 PM by bw18 » Logged
dragothic
Basic Account

FeedBack +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 01:33:08 AM »

wish i'd have been a member of this forum earlier, i may have been able to help.

but, just for the necro-post, i am in the UK & can program any XTS2500 for you..
trouble is, its a hell of waste of a superb (& expensive HT) sticking it on LPD or any
446 or license free channels .. unless you're a licensed amateur, still hardly any P25
digital in the UK to speak of, except me.. Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank