Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
January 19, 2019, 06:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Codeplug password recovery  (Read 61023 times)
robo80
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »

I am currently having the same problem and only have the vhf sample of the dp3400, is any one able to help with a sample uhf dp3400 code plug. thanks in advance

Simon
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 08:31:45 PM »

use the device recover option and the cps will reset the unit so you can read it off.
Biggenz
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-3

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »

Been using this for a long time now to read codeplug passwords. You can however get creative with your passwords so even someone with Wireshark will find it nearly impossible to figure it out. Wink
MPep2014
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

Hi all,

I was very glad to read the option to use Wireshark. Never heard of it before but glad I did.

I did try the 'recover' option and to overwrite/clone the current codeplug, but neither worked for me.

A BIGthank you to EMSGeorge.

Cheers,
MPep2014

emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »

No worries - although this option wont now work for those units updated to the latest versions of firmware, the data sent by the unit is now encrypted, so the password cant be read off.
MPep2014
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »

Good reason not to update then  Grin
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »

Well, it certainly will stop people reading off radios for systems they shouldn't have access to, but it is a bit of a double edged sword.

For instance, we have a few suppliers at events who will let us rock up with our radios, plonk their channels as well as ours on our handsets, and we get seamless communications for all of our team. Again, we can co-ordinate with those suppliers beforehand so we don't end up rocking up with a repeater and duplexer on one of the channels they are planning to use (there's only a few uhf short term hire pairs available).

Other suppliers seem to guard their channels like the royal household. Usually, its simply because they want to hire us another 40 handsets rather than us using our own .......

Or, the event organiser has only hired us one radio, for our control room. Leaving all the supervisors, who usually could of done with 2 radios so they can hear all the organisers traffic, with one, and the controller having to relay anything.
KrisK
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »

Hello ... I'm Kris, this is my first post on the forum. I found it via google, searching for the solution of my problem.
I hope that you can help me, without starting a new topic.

So the problem is that I have to program a DP1400 that was bought on ebay a few months back, but I can't because of the codeplug password.
I have tried all of the described procedures in this topic:

I can not clone the radio, or overwrite it with a sample codeplug ... i get "model number must be the same... serial number must be different" message. model number is different, but it is a VHF DP1400 that I have.

When I try to write it says that the serial number must be the same

When I try to do recover the device, i get "unable to find matching update package"  ... and i don't now how and where to find an appropriate update package

Finally i tried the wireshark solution, but i guess that the password is encrypted, as I can't (or don't know how) find anything resembling a password

Please help! Thanks!
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 07:49:10 PM »

Hi,

The wireshark method wont work on the newer radios, so rest assured, you aren't going mad by not being able to see the password.

What cps version have you got, as the only time I have ever seen the matching packages is if you've downloaded some hooky version of the cps - not the emea version. don't forget the radios are all region coded.
KrisK
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

I sorted everything out. I found an update package online and installed it, and then everything worked as it should. CPS is 12.1 EMEA version
The bad news is that it turns out that the DP1400 was the "only analog" model, and the ebay seller was lying.

Has anyone got any experience in upgrading the "only analog" DP1400 model to a digital radio? As I understand it, it should be some sort of a software update ... but I don't now how it's done
radiobup
Forum Helper

FeedBack +35/-19

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »

Hi,

You need to purchase the EID for this optionnal feature.

Welcome to Digital   Grin
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »

time for a paypal return / chargeback.

You can convert it to digital, using the cps, and activate features - email a dealer and ask and for a fee they will send you a special 'key code' that will work once, to upgrade your radio.

If you have the cps, then all you need is the EID.

edit to add: just looked, its HKVN4204A you need to order and its 77.00 rrp.

So, unless it was a total bargain on ebay, send it back. They are currently on offer with a rrp of 200 brand new, digital enabled.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:02:28 PM by emsgeorge » Logged
Bomber-Stu
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »

Hello Guys,

wonder if you can help, we received a bunch of radios back from a site, one of which is a dp3441e. I'm guessing it must have been acquired locally and programmed by a techie at the site as it's not a type we sent (dp3600's). It's a good looking radio so we obtained an interface cable but the code-plug has been password protected and do we know it? Non!

Tried the process in this thread and captured some data with Wireshark, but it's not obvious what the password is, so I'm guessing they must have tightened up the security on this model?

Any steers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stu.
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +97/-9

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »

As the posts above, the comms are now encrypted. Just do a recovery on it to get it to be able to be programed by yourselves.

As an aside, surely you should return the extra back to the customer, saying 'sorry mate not ours', you know, 'honesty and integrity'.
Bomber-Stu
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »

Ahh! Missed that post regarding encryption, sorry...

Anyway, thanks and I will investigate recovery (and encryption) when I get a few mins...

The radios were being used by our company employees at the location, so we (they) are the customer. We did ask around but as the Project has finished all the techie team have left for pastures new...

Regards.

Stu.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank