Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
October 22, 2014, 08:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GP680 Programming Help? :-/  (Read 1838 times)
iJamesNC
Basic Account

FeedBack +1/-8

« on: June 12, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »

Hey,

I Have ONE UHF GP680 and 3 UHF GP340's.

Firstly: Can I use them together if the GP680 is programmed conventionally?

Secondly: Can I use them together.. at all?

Thirdly: If so, can I set up a radio calling thing where I individually punch in a contact from the list and it calls that GP340..?

Fourthly: Can I set up a group calling thing from the GP680 which will call every other named radio?

Fifthly: HOW do I do all of this if you know? / Where can I get this done...?

Thanks Guys!

iJamesNC
bw18
Advanced Member

FeedBack +64/-1

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »

Hi James,

1/2) Yes you can use them together. As you stated the 680 must be programmed 'conventional' not trunked.

3) No you can't programme the 680 to call the 340's as there is no 5-tone on the 680 (this is going from memory, but i think this is correct).

4) No, again you need 5-tone to be able to instigate a 'call' from the 680. However, as you are using so few radios it would be possible to set up individual calls from the 340's to call each other (excluding the 680). This would require some knowledge of the CPS and how to set telegrams, buttons assignments etc. Realistically using so few radios I can't personally see the need to require a group call feature, but there again I have no idea what you are using the radios for!

5) I am new to this forum, but there seems to be some members who offer programming and repair services for very good rates. There are loads of companies in the UK that will programme radios for you (at a price), have a google. Just bear in mind that if you want to change your programming at anytime it means a trip back to the dealers ()!
IF you have the relevant CPS (you will need two different CPS's- one for the 340's and one for the 680) and programming cable then you could attempt to do this yourself. However, it is a bit of a mine field and does take some time to get competant with the CPS and how it works.

Hope this is of some help!

BW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank