Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
April 18, 2014, 11:40:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Poll
Question: Help with programming GP340
Help with GP340 - 20 (76.9%)
help rwuired with programming GP340 - 6 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with GP 340 programming  (Read 19987 times)
itsmee
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: October 26, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »

Hi Im new to all this radio malarky.
I have purchased a motorola GP340 from hongkong, our other gp340's (bought in uk) are already programmed with our channels.
I cant get the software to read the old (but brand new !) radios it comes up with "Codeplug version not supported by this CPS" and then " Unable to create layout for modelIndex-1"

It does read the one bought from hongkong.

it is Professional GP300.GM300 Series CPS Version R03, 8, 30 Sep 2007 ENVN 4005R

I have a licence for 6 paid for channels to add to this radio. Im not sure how to even do that when I have info. Obviously we want channel 1 nto be the same on each radio etc
hope you can help
cheers in advance!!
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +79/-7

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

Thats because the software supplied with your hong kong radio is for the asian area. They are all 'region coded' to stop people sending radios to different areas, and also because different areas require different options on the radios. (For instance, US tend to have MDC signalling on it)

You want the EMEA version for the UK radios. Its on the site here - go to the downloads section.

I have found customers with this sort of problem before - having a mix of uk spec radios, and asain or usa ones. Its a pain to reprogram them, if you are 'jiggling' between programs. If its a one off, and you never have to do it again, then perhaps its worth it.

I take it you know the setup of your existing radios ?. Dont forget, if you are trying to read the UK radios to get the programming info out of them, they may be pasworded to stop the 'casual user' from reading them. There is a password bypass program also in the downloads section, which will remove the password from the radio codeplug.

If you need any help with programming, come back and post.

george
Dave
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

Maybe you could change the region code via the code plug tool to emea and then be able to program them in the standard UK software from our download site?

Regards
Dave
itsmee
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »

help!! Found the download page, paid the fee, but havent got a clue which download I actually need   Huh, help would be appreciated
mupolovac71
Forum Helper

FeedBack +41/-2

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »

hi download the latest R03.10.03_EN, and you can download tuner for professional radios R02.15.00. Whit tuner you can change a regional code.
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +79/-7

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »

Having not changed a region code - is the tuner application easy to use for a beginner  (As our OP says he is), or is there a risk of him 'bricking' his radio ?.

itsmee
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »

When I connect the radio bought from hongkong , it reads the radio. When I connect 1 of my uk programmed radiois it comes up with "Codeplug version not supported by this CPS", so how do I download (or form where) the one that will read both
emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +79/-7

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »

You can't.

The cps software will only read its own region - and you have radios with either EMEA (europe) or asian region.

The only way would be to use the depot tool (as explained by others above) to force your radio into believing it is either european or asian. Do it to all of them, and you then have a full set, which can be reprogrammed by one set of software.

I would suggest the EMEA region, as its easier if you sell the radios, or if you need them to be programmed by a uk dealer in the future.

Not having had experience of the program to change the region code, im not sure if its ok for you to do by yourself (no offence intended) if you are a beginner at radios. With several of the motorola programs, there is a chace of turning your nice GP380's into paper weights if you get the programming wrong. God, its easy enough to brick a radio just using the programming software, let alone using the depot tools on it !.

I'm sure Dave does programming and could change the region code for you - perhaps give him a message ?

Dave
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 09:35:09 PM »

Hi the Region ID is easy to Change, Ill do a little screen shot and post here asap

Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:00:03 PM by Dave » Logged
Dave
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »

HOW TO CHANGE REGIONAL ID

Step 1
Download the software

Download URL: http://downloads.motorola-radio-support.co.uk/index.php?dir=Archive/Motorola-Software/&file=US%20Waris%20Codeplug%20Tool.zip

Step 2

Unzip the folder once downloaded and you will have the below contents

Step 3

Double click the US Waris Codeplug Tool Icon

the below window will appear

Step 4

Connect your radio to the PC and read the radio by clicking Radio Info, this is just a test to make sure the raido is connected ok

now select from the Program menu  "Change Regional ID"

Step 5

You will now see a screen with the below options

Simply select the Regional ID from the drop down menu and then Click Program

ALL DONE

Hope you Enjoy

Regards
Dave

Dave
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »

Note: You do NOT need a Flash Adaptor for this so a standard ribless cable will do the job.

Software works fine on both Windows XP and Vista but not tested with Windows 7 yet

Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:03:58 PM by Dave » Logged
radiobup
Forum Helper

FeedBack +28/-4

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »

Hum, Curious,

Why not starting from the beginning ?
We need to know the actual Firmware & codeplug revision from radio before starting to do anything.
Some hong-kong radio seller flash the radio to the customer region before sending them. So the radio could be already in EMEA...

Read the alignement parameters (tuning) from your radio & save it in a file.
Read the actual region code from your radio.
If it's already EMEA, take the latest upgradetool (to update FW&CP) & latest CPS should work.(Flash adapter HLN9742 needed)
If it's AZ or anything else, try to put it to EMEA and check with CPS (some dealer change Region code to put radio un-readable for others dealers  Shocked )
if it still doesn't work, use Waris lab upgradetool (Europe version) to flash new firmware and upgrade codeplug, then the latest CPS should work.
Program the tuning values back to radio.

Shooter
Subscriber

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »

Trying to program some GP 340 radios and get `codeplug not supported by this CPS` message using software version D03.02.01_EN Using the Moto serial com test tool it reports the codeplug as version 06.00 what CPS do i need, and is it available on the downloads section, if so how do i get to it. When i tried today there were only videos & PDF files that required a username and password to access
Dave
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »

Hi, you need at least R03.08.03 EN to be able to read your radio, contact Rob (Admin) for cost of software.
theo
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

Dave, any chance to repost the us waris codeplug tool again?
I have the same problem with an asian gp340, and im unable to reprogram it.

Kind regards
Theo, The Netherlands
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank