Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
September 23, 2019, 06:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standalone Site In IPSC System?  (Read 109 times)
jfrankland
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« on: September 04, 2019, 09:37:49 PM »

I am trying to come up with a solution to fill in coverage in a very remote canyon in a mountainous region of SW Colorado. There is no possibility of internet in this location. In theory, I would like a standalone repeater to talk back to a repeater which is a peer in an IPSC system, and then backhaul from there to dispatch. Moto tech support seemed baffled by what I was trying to do and gave me the option of MotoTRBO Link, but that's way too much additional equipment.

Currently, the repeater in the canyon is installed, but it never receives from or transmits to the peer in the IPSC system.  I can hear and talk through the IPSC system using a 5 watt portable radio at the location of the canyon repeater. The talk path is supposed to be completed by swapping the tx and rx frequencies of the two repeaters. So canyon repeater's tx is IPSC repeater's rx and vice versa.

I thought this would work because I found a repeater in the system when I first started here that was programmed as standalone and it still talked through the repeaters that were IPSC. Also, we've had internet outages and repeaters with swapped freqs talked just fine. I'm very confused here about why this setup seems to work in some situations but not in others. Could it be equipment? The canyon repeater is an SLR, all other repeaters are XPR.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this would be happening or what I can do to get it working? I'm willing to get creative.

Thank you for reading!

emsgeorge
Forum Helper

FeedBack +99/-9

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »

Id use the mototrbo link, as specified, its designed for this job ..

Doing things 'on the cheap' means you will generally do them twice. Or someone will get injured because a call got missed / wont go through.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank