Home Page | Forum | Downloads | About us | Services | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

motorola
December 12, 2019, 08:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Contact Admin Team Search Login Register  

Radio Services

Supply Radios, Spare Parts, Programming Cables, Flash Adapters

Members area provides radio programming videos

If we have helped you, please make a donation, however small. This helps us develop the site and offer better services.

Advert

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoTRBO DP series bricked radio - no flashzap  (Read 12241 times)
nokiaman2002
Basic Account

FeedBack +1/-0

« on: June 22, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »

Hello All,

I am not shy when it comes to repairing radios, mainly Tetra.
I was recently upgrading a DP3600 when at 26% it crashed. Normally I can recover these by switching off, holding down PTT + EMERGENCY and turning on - this shows "flashzap downloader bootloader" on the display, which allows for low-level flashing etc.
This time - NOTHING! Radio is dead. Displays no errors, and will not load into flashzap mode. Obviously it is not being detected by the PC as well.
Am I to assume that the radio has to go back to the big M?
In motorola tetra terminals you force the bootloader into the device using RS232 and special tricks. I do not play with TRBO that often so I am at a loss here.
Any help?
bw18
Advanced Member

FeedBack +68/-1

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »

Ouch...

Without teaching to suck eggs, have you tried the recovery feature in the CPS itself? I've had a couple of DP3400's throw their dummies out on FW upgrades and managed to recover them using the CPS tool. However, if the PC isn't 'bong-binging' on connecting that doesn't sound good!

I am yet to hear of a totally corrupted TRBO unit thus far... Hopefully you're not the first!
nokiaman2002
Basic Account

FeedBack +1/-0

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »

It is dead - no usb connection or anything.  I have had 3 before knacker during upgrades and I have always got them back as they enter flashzap mode with the PTT + EMER key then powering on. This one truly is dead! If I am the first then it wouldn't surprise me!
nokiaman2002
Basic Account

FeedBack +1/-0

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 07:57:55 AM »

Quote from the Big M - 179.99 + VAT = 215 for repair! I think not.
I will wait until I can get the RS232 serial cable then force the flashzap loader back into the radio.
There products are not much different than their Tetra Series.

kondoros
Basic Account

FeedBack +0/-0

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »

I have exactly the same problem...
Please advise !
Andreas GH
Forum Helper

FeedBack +13/-4

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:23 PM »

I have the same problem with a DP1400
Did someone fixed the problem?
I only got upstart kernels for Tetra radios and these kernels do not work with MOTOTRBO radios.

Andreas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home    Forum | Downloads | About us | Services  | Products | Online Portal | Site Map | Contact Us

Copyright 2008-2010 Motorola Radio Support Group. All Rights Reserved.

Google PageRank